Wedding Venues Pretoria:
15 Reasons Booking with Lethabo Estate in 2022
1. The proximity of your venue and its central positioning to Pretoria is a very important factor to
consider when choosing your ideal wedding venue. Where are your guests coming from, are they
mostly from Pretoria and if they are, are they from the east of Pretoria, or the west? Is there
enough accommodation nearby for overflow guests? This is a most important consideration,
particularly as a wedding is a spiritual ceremony but also a party and guests, more often than not,
have one too many drinks! It is therefore important to know that there are reliable transportation
facilities at hand for your wedding guests when they are leaving your wedding. Lethabo Estate’s
venue is very centrally positioned, close to Johannesburg and Pretoria, Centurion, the North West
Province and most importantly Lanseria airport for wedding guests travelling to get to Pretoria from
far. At Lethabo we offer a conveniently positioned wedding venue with direct airport access and a
short drive into the reserve for guests from major arterial routes.
2. At Lethabo Estate we have been catering for weddings for more than two decades. With the
experience of hundreds of weddings under our belt, we are the perfect choice of venue, with the
right mix of experience to host your wedding.
3. Lethabo is situated in The Crocodile River Reserve which is the closest Nature Reserve to Pretoria.
Officially declared and gazetted as recently as the 2nd October 2019 Lethabo is perfect for nature
lovers who want their wedding photos at a venue next to a beautiful, clean river with wild otters and
beautiful wraparound views and wildlife. In our water scarce country, Lethabo offers you the unique opportunity to have your wedding venue overlooking a waterfall. Your wedding can also be
celebrated with wetland views, views over paddocks with grazing horses and our beautiful white
pure bred Ngunis. Our weddings cater for all tastes!
4. Renown for our delicious catering, we are one of the very few Pretoria wedding venues capable of
catering for a wide variety of dietary needs. Our only catering limitation is Kosher and here we
partner with the top Kosher catering companies. For bridal couples who love animals and who want
to avoid supporting the iniquitous factory farming animals are subjected to, Lethabo offers the most
humanely sourced meats, method of slaughter for beef and other animals which we carefully source
from ethical farmers. Our Kitchen has Haram and Halal sections and our catering includes
Vegetarian, vegan, lactose and sucrose free dishes. We are flexible with menus, offering buffet,
tapas, haute cuisine plated delights , the popular Harvest table menus for our fabulous picnic
weddings and even traditional Boere Kos wedding menus!
5. Any wedding style works at our versatile wedding venue. While the buildings are rustic, a style
chosen so that we blend with the wild and beautiful surrounds, our venue interiors boast precious
antiques and art treasures. The venues interiors have a rich opulent feel, requiring little décor to
make it beautiful. We love sharing our precious, timeless treasures and ambiance with you, our
bride and groom and your wedding guests. Our personal touch is in every aspect of your wedding
enhancing your personal style.
Whether formal or relaxed, at Lethabo you can create any wedding experience you desire.
6. Lethabo Estate is tucked into the valley of The Crocodile River Reserve and with the magnificent
clean waters bubbling through the valley Lethabo offers incredible wedding photo opportunities.
Our wetland and indigenous tree lined driveway are beautiful backdrops to showcase the perfect
South African wedding experience.
7. Lethabo is one of the very few Pretoria Pet friendly venues! Bring your own horse or dog to your wedding ceremony. Our well socialized animals will welcome them too.
8. We recycle responsibly supporting local Pretoria communities so the waste from your wedding not only never lands up in landfill, rivers or the sea, it supports small Pretoria businessmen in a thriving recycling initiative. This having been said, we avoid single use plastics and are passionate about environmental protection.
9. At Lethabo you can arrive for your wedding by car, helicopter, limousine or for the very bold…hot air balloon or even horse carriage.
10. Protected by a secure gate at the entrance to The Crocodile River Reserve as well as a gate entering Lethabo Estate and a highly trained local security and anti-poaching unit on standby though out your wedding day, we offer great security for your peace of mind for the duration of your wedding.
11. Lethabo offers great outdoor and indoor wedding venues. Our proximity to the famous award winning Blair Athol Golf Course, one of the best golf courses near Pretoria, allows for reliable weather forecasts days ahead of your wedding. We also have access to 30 minute real time radar weather reports around Pretoria so that we have adequate warning if we need to relocate the wedding ceremony under cover for sudden rain or bad weather.
12. Lethabo’s 80 kva backup power generator ensures that if your wedding is plunged into darkness due to load shedding or local Pretoria Eskom breakdown, within a few seconds the lights will be back on.
13. Lethabo has much of your basic Décor already included. Our beautiful ornate wedding ceremony gazebo is draped in soft flowing drapery ready for your wedding ceremony. Our dark steel chairs lightly brushed with gold with their white cushions, create a stylish and beautiful wedding ceremony setting. The wedding reception area overlooks the river and pool and boasts elegant draping, accentuating the fairy lights adding a lustrous warm ambient light.
14. We offer weddings for two to one hundred and twenty. At Lethabo you can also have a ceremony only without the wedding reception. You can enjoy the beautiful garden wedding ceremony setup and all the fabulous photo opportunities and then head off to another destination for a traditional reception, this way having the best of both worlds.
15. Lethabo offers real wedding affordability. Call us now to discuss your wedding needs. We have the perfect solution for very occasion and wedding celebration, however large or small. 082654169. Please ask for Lise. We look forward to hosting your special wedding day here.
Weddings are big business, especially in and around Pretoria! With so many lovely wedding venues near Pretoria to choose from, competition is fierce …and with all these wedding venue choices, it’s really difficult to choose the venue and staff whom you feel confident have the knowledge, experience and flexibility to make weddings, always very special and important occasions, successful. Whether you choose a classic wedding style or a casual picnic wedding party, the day your wedding’s scheduled for must be planned precisely and with minute detail to ensure it is a success.
Since we started hosting wedding celebrations near Pretoria, more than two decades ago, wedding venue trends have changed and like clothing, fashionable wedding trends have turned a full circle. What was not so fashionable a year ago has become ‘de rigeur’ style and form for weddings venues again.
All through the many years that we have hosted wedding celebrations at Lethabo, the outstanding, most important aspect of any successful wedding event, is attention to detail. At Lethabo we have practised and experienced just how much attention is required. Here we delightedly give it our all!
Weddings at Lethabo are fun, joyous affairs for guests, staff and especially you the bride and groom. All this considered, there are so many variables that can make weddings problematic….weather, acts of God, utility failures (haven’t we all cursed ESKOM at some point!), so much so, that as a bridal couple you want to feel assured on your wedding day when you are feeling apprehensive about making your appearance in your finery and feeling emotional about the importance of the commitment you’re about to make, that your wedding venue support team, the people who are in charge of waving their magic wands and spreading pixie dust over the venue, your wedding, its cuisine, ambiance, music and décor… will make yours a magical night and are up to the task!